The Brain Injury Association of Ohio shares the mission and vision of its national
organization, the Brain Injury Association of America:
Is to create a better future through brain injury prevention, research, education and advocacy.
Our values and conduct center on principles
related to a deep appreciation for: Individual Dignity & Worth,
Self- Determination, Inclusion & Community Support; Collaboration &
Solidarity and Excellence & Integrity.
A World where all preventable brain injuries are prevented, all unpreventable brain
injuries are minimized and all individuals who have experienced brain injury maximize
their quality of life.
(as listed in our Code of Regulations/Bylaws)
- Support the goals, policies and programs of the Brain Injury Association of America
- Stimulate public and professional awareness of the incidence, causes, and consequences
of brain injury and methods for its prevention
- Serve as a central educational clearing house for information and resources for persons
with brain injury, their families, friends, providers and professionals
- Develop a network of field offices, local Affiliate Chapters and support groups for
persons with brain injury, their families and friends, and concerned professionals
- Advocate for a comprehensive, community-based system of service coordination that
promotes consumer choice and self-determination, and is available, as needed, throughout
the life-span of individuals with brain injury
Click here to view the Strategic Plan of the Brain
Injury Association of Ohio and the Ohio Brain Injury Advisory Committee.